Larot village around 45 km from Rohru ( Himalchal) is the starting point for the steep 8 km trek to Chanshal, this is…
- Trip Itineraries
Larot village around 45 km from Rohru ( Himalchal) is the starting point for the steep 8 km trek to Chanshal, this is situated on the Rohru-Chirgaon-Chanshal-Dodra Kwar road.
From Larot the trail starts along a path behind the tea shops at the upper end of Larot village. It follows the ridge line up then begins a series of zig-zags below the power line, which heads straight up from Larot, over Chanshal pass, 4300 metres and down to Kwar in the Rupin valley on the other side.
The beauty of this Chanshal trek is in the variety of flora that it passes through in just a few km. It begins in the wonderful Deodar pine forests around Larot, which soon begin to give way to more stunted vegetation as it approaches the pass.
Things To Carry
- Day pack (25ltrs)
- Dry fit shirts and trousers 2 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Toilet paper
- Two 1 ltr water bottles
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries
- Water purification solution / tablets
- Body Moisturizer, Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Down booties
- Boots, Camp shoes / Sport sandals
- Warm Socks (lots of extra pairs)
- Water and wind proof jacket and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom 2 pairs
- Day wear shirt x2 or 3
- Underwear 5-7
- Sun cap, Sun screen lotion, Sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medications
- Rain cover for your bags
- One is not required to have any knowledge of climbing/mountaineering skills but one should have experience of trekking at altitudes upwards of 4000 – 4500m
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
No details found.
Road journey from SHIMLA to RohruWe continue driving on National Highway 10 and we soon enter the beautiful Rohru of Himachal. The drive which will take anywhere between 6-8 hours depending on the road conditions. Overnight Hotel in Rohru.
Start trekking from RohruAfter early morning breakfast we started our trekking from Rohru – Chirgaon – Larot and there are many smaller stations on the way, which include Seema, Chirgaon and Tikkri before you reach the hill top. Chanshal is 50 km from Rohru. Overnight at camp.
Started early morning and reach back to RohruIn morning we trek back to the the Rohru. Overnight at Hotel.
Drive Rohru to Shimla.Drive back to Shimla and spend the evening taking a walk in the town.
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Delhi – Leh – Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR 6000 if renting equipment from Leh)
- Porterage of personal baggage
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance Beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Includes 18% GST (Subject to change as per Govt rules)
No Details Found