Once served as a transit area for traders on the silk route, Nubra Valley, is now a must visit place for any trekker….
- Trip Itineraries
Once served as a transit area for traders on the silk route, Nubra Valley, is now a must visit place for any trekker. With its sand dunes to double humped camels and from extravagant river valleys to its lush green barley fields, it is truly a delight to every eye. Driving across the Khardungla, highest motorable pass our route takes us to the heart of the Nubra valley, Hundar, near to the Diskit monastery from where we start our trek. Walking through breathtaking gorges and large meadows of the Nubra valley, our trek passes through Lasermo La (5400m), an eternally snow bound pass connecting Nubra and Indus Valleys.
Things To Carry
- Day pack (25ltrs)
- Dry fit shirts and trousers 4 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Toilet paper
- Two 1 ltr water bottles
- Pee bottle
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries
- Water purification solution / tablets
- Body Moisturizer, Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Down booties
- Boots, Camp shoes / Sport sandals
- Warm Socks (lots of extra pairs)
- Water and wind proof jacket and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom 3 pairs
- Day wear shirt x2 or 3
- Underwear 5-7
- Sun cap, Sun screen lotion, Sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medications
- Rain cover for your bags
- One is not required to have any knowledge of climbing/mountaineering skills but one should have experience of trekking at altitudes upwards of 4000 – 4500m
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
No details found.
Fly Delhi – Leh (3500m). Rest and AcclimatizeThe flight takes us over the Greater Himalayas and makes an exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world. Transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Date : 08/06/2018
Acclimatization dayIt is the process in which your organism adjusts to a change in its environment. Overnight at hotel.
Drive to Hundar via Kardhung La (4-5 hrs)A 3 hour long but beautiful drive across the Khardungla, the highest motor-able pass leads us to Hundar, a small village in the heart of picturesque Nubra valley. Hundar offers a quiet and spectacular view of the Nubra valley and is the start of our Nubra Valley Trek. Overnight Hotel.
Trek Hunder to Skarchen (3800m) 4-5 hrsThe trail to Skarchen starts by crossing a bridge over the Hundar River and walking on the road which is being paved beside the river. Skarchen is beautiful camp set next to the river and willow trees all around. The new road being built goes all the way to Wachan. Soon it will reach Hundar Dok and subsequently the treks would begin from here. Option to camp at Wachan, a beautiful village, at approx 2 hours walk from Skarchen. Overnight Camp.
Trek Skarchen to Hunder Dok (4010m) 4-5 hrsA two hour walk in the gorge leads us to the Wachan village crossing. From here the trail climbs up and leads us up to the village of Dok yongma from where the trail to the village Hunder Dok is well defined and passes through spectacular lush green barely fields. Hundar Dok is almost a hidden Village and nobody would realize that such a big Village could exist somewhere inside when you start trekking. The narrow Nubra gorge just opens up to this massive Village with farmfields of barley, wheat and potatoes. There is a path that runs through the middle of the Village dividing the Village and the farmfields into 2 halves. One of the houses mans a DSPT phone connection which could be used for making calls. Overnight Camp.
Trek Hunder Dok to Thanglasgo (4500m) 5-6 hrsToday we start our walk following a small stream leading out of the Village. The trail leads us to the junction of the Thanglasgo valley and the Snui Sumdo valleys. Following a small stream in the Thanglasgo valley we gradually climb up to the Thanglasgo, our destination for the day. Thanglasgo also serves as the grazing grounds for all the cattle(Yak, Sheep, Goat) from Hundar Dok and Wachan. There are 2 big Shepherd’s settlements here. We camp a little ahead of these settlements. Overnight Camp.
Trek Thanglasgo to Lasermo La base (4800m) 5-6 hrsThe trail to Lasermo La base starts with following a small stream. The trail passes through large meadows gradually gaining altitude and is very well defined. There are a few lakes too which have been formed by the water draining from the glacier. Yaks and Dzos can be seen grazing around. On reaching the base camp of the Lasermo La we get spectacular views of the eternally snow bound Lasermo La pass. Overnight Camp.
Trek to Lasermo La (5400m) and descend to Lasermo La south base (4800m) 6-7 hrsWe make an early start so that we walk on had snow and try to cross the pass before the sun starts thawing it. As the sun warms up, the snow loosens and the horses sink in. Starting early morning we climb up gradually crossing the moraine and reach the snow line. From then on it is walking on snow till the top of the Lasermo La. The Pass offers a spectacular view of the Karakoram mountains and the Ladakh and Zanskar ranges. From the pass, we descend to the south base of the Lasermo La. The south base is naked without any snow on the surface. Laser Overnight Camp.
Trek to Morobuk and drive to Leh 4-5 hrs trek and 40mins driveOn the final day of the trek we descend to Morobuk accompanied by wonderful views of the Stok Range and later drive back to Leh. Overnight Hotel.
Fly back to Delhi from LehEarly morning transfer to the airport to take the onward flight. Trip ends!
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Delhi – Leh – Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR 6000 if renting equipment from Leh)
- Porterage of personal baggage
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance Beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Includes 18% GST (Subject to change as per Govt rules)
No Details Found