This is a route not much travelled and explored. This route was first surveyed by team of Footprints for a Britesh trekkers who…
- Trip Itineraries
This is a route not much travelled and explored. This route was first surveyed by team of Footprints for a Britesh trekkers who want to go on a offbeat trail. This trek is for true adventure lovers and for those who wish to see nature magic. Walk the old Indus Valley Civilization and witness the traditions and monasteries of the Ancient Tibetan Buddhism in the Little Tibet of India.
Things To Carry
- Day pack (25ltrs)
- Dry fit shirts and trousers 4 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Toilet paper
- Two 1 ltr water bottles
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries
- Water purification solution / tablets
- Body Moisturizer, Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Down booties
- Boots, Camp shoes / Sport sandals
- Warm Socks (lots of extra pairs)
- Water and wind proof jacket and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom 3 pairs
- Day wear shirt x2 or 3
- Underwear 5-7
- Sun cap, Sun screen lotion, Sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medications
- Rain cover for your bags
- One is not required to have any knowledge of climbing/mountaineering skills but one should have experience of trekking at altitudes upwards of 4000 – 4500m
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
No details found.
Delhi – Leh (3500m). Rest and AcclimatizeThe flight takes us over the Greater Himalayas and makes an exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world. Transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Date : 08/06/2018
Sightseeing around LehVisit the famous monasteries of Shey & Thiksey. Back to hotel for lunch. Overnight at hotel
Drive Leh to Matho village & trek to Matho chu (3800m) 2 to 3 hrsToday we make an early start from Leh and drive to Matho Village with a beautiful monastery, which is the start point of our trek. We walk about 2 to 3 hrs to our campsite just next to Mathu Chu River. For acclimatization purpose we camp at a lower altitude and keep the day easy. Overnight Camp.
Trek over a small pass to below Matho Doksa (4200m) 3 to 4 hrsWe continue going up the Matho Chu till we reach a fork. We take the trail on the right and climb steadily till we reach a high point. Gangpoche is straight ahead next to the shepherd huts. We camp in the camping ground below the hill. Overnight Camp.
Trek over the Matho La to Mankarmo (4350m) 4 to 5 hrsAn easy day with a gradual ascent of about 2.5 to 3 hours to Matho La with many prayer flags fluttering. From here we descent steeply on a switchback trail to Mankarmo which has a big parachute cafe. A great chance to view wild mountain goats on this trail. Today is also the day when you get your first views of Stok Kangri peak. Overnight Camp.
Trek to Stok Kangri Base Camp (4975m) 3 - 4 hrsWe are now on the trail connecting the Stok village to the base camp. The base camp is a short walk from here but we do gain a substantial altitude. Overnight Camp.
Excursion to high point and backRelax at the base camp which also houses one of the biggest & best stocked parachute cafés in Ladakh. A small excursion to a high point and back. Overnight Camp.
Trek to Stok village and drive to Leh. 6 - 7 hrs trek, 1 hr drive.We exit out of the Stok valley at Stok village and then drive for another 1hour to Leh. Overnight at hotel.
Fly back to Delhi from LehEarly morning transfer to the airport to take the onward flight. Trip ends!
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Delhi – Leh – Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR 6000 if renting equipment from Leh)
- Porterage of personal baggage
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance Beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Includes 18% GST (Subject to change as per Govt rules)
No Details Found