Spiti Valley, a part of Lahaul-Spiti District, lies in the north eastern region of Himachal Pradesh. Dominated by the Tibetan Buddisht culture, the…
- Trip Itineraries
Spiti Valley, a part of Lahaul-Spiti District, lies in the north eastern region of Himachal Pradesh. Dominated by the Tibetan Buddisht culture, the region has been shadowed by Ladakh in terms of popularity due it’s remoteness. The winters in spiti are wonderful to say the least, the barren hills are draped in white tranforming the landscape completely. On this driving cum hiking holiday we let you experience one of the less popular winter destination in the Himalaya as we drive through winding roads and hike on snow trails.
Things To Carry
- Day pack (25ltrs)
- Dry fit shirts and trousers 3 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Toilet paper
- Two 1 ltr water bottles
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries
- Water purification solution / tablets
- Body Moisturizer, Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Down booties
- Boots, Camp shoes / Sport sandals
- Warm Socks (lots of extra pairs)
- Water and wind proof jacket and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom 3 pairs
- Day wear shirt x2 or 3
- Underwear 5-7
- Sun cap, Sun screen lotion, Sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medications
- Rain cover for your bags
- One is not required to have any knowledge of climbing/mountaineering skills but one should have experience of trekking at altitudes upwards of 4000 – 4500m
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
No details found.
Morning train to Chandigarh and drive to NarkandaTake the morning Delhi - Chandigarh train. Start driving from Chandigarh through the country side of Punjab and proceed through the foothills of Himaachal Pradesh and it's capital Shimla till the picturesque town of Narkanda.Overnight Hotel.
Drive to KalpaWe continue driving on National Highway 5 and we soon enter the beautiful Kinnaur district of Himachal. The drive which will take anywhere between 6-8 hours depending on the road conditions. Overnight Hotel in Kalpa.
Drive to TaboAnother beautiful drive today to the Village of Tabo in Lahaul-Spiti district. We go through the villages of Pooh, Naako and Sumdo and also see the confluence of Spiti and Stulej rivers. Overnight Homestay at Tabo
Drive to Dankar and trek to LalungA short drive to Dhankar village and we begin the hike towards Lalung village. It's a leisurely hike towards lalung on rolling terrain. You can see the vast open valley of Spiti towards your left with pristine white snow covering the entire landscape. Overnight at Homestay.
Trek Lalung to DemulA decent height gain today to Demul which is at around 4200m. The hike is mostly on gentle slopes with a few steep sections in between. Youw will always have great views for company as we pass through many beautiful high altitude settlements which give you a great insight into the winter lives of the mountain people. Overnight Homestay.
Demul to KomicKnown as the highest village in Asia, Komic has gained popularity over the years with many visitors in the summer months. But in winters you hardly find anyone in this scenic village at around 4500m. It's one of the longer days on the trip as we cover a lot of distance on the hike. Overnight Homestay in Komic.
Komic to LanzaWe trek towards Lanza/Langza village with views of the stunning 6300m mountain - Chow Chow Kang Nilda peak which stands right above the village. Overnight Homestay
Drive to Kaza and explore Ki - KibberDrive to Kaza, the main town of Spiti Valley. We drive up to the famous Ki Monastery and onwards towards Kibber, a beautiful high altitude village with views of Mt.Kanamo. We come back to Kaza for the night. Overnight Homestay.
Drive to KalpaTake the long drive back to Kalpa as this is the only way to enter and exit the Spiti Valley in winters with the Kunzum La closed. Overnight hotel in Kalpa.
Drive back to ShimlaDrive back to Shimla and spend the evening taking a walk in the town.
Drive to Chandigarh and take evening train to DelhiDrive back to Chandigarh and onward to Delhi by train. Trip Ends.
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Delhi – Leh – Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR 6000 if renting equipment from Leh)
- Porterage of personal baggage
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance Beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Includes 18% GST (Subject to change as per Govt rules)
Trip DurationGroup SizePrice
Day(s): 11 Night(s): 10Group Size: 20 Personprice: /Person
No Details Found