An easy trek that takes us to the spectacular district of Lahaul And Spiti, a very less explored area with many high altitude…
- Trip Itineraries
An easy trek that takes us to the spectacular district of Lahaul And Spiti, a very less explored area with many high altitude villages, hidden valleys, unclimbed peaks and home to some of the oldest Buddhist temples and Monasteries . Driving across the much famous Rohtang pass from Manali, we reach the former capital of the Lahual and Spiti kingdom, Dhankar, from where the trail leads us into the highlands of the spectacular Spiti Valley traversing trough some of the highest human settlements in the world, to medieval Buddhist monasteries and forts along with witnessing the simple Buddhist culture, untouched from the masses. The final stretch of the trip takes us to Chandra Tal, one more jewel from the spectacular and magnificent Spiti valley making this trip, a trip of lifetime memories.
Things To Carry
- Day pack (25ltrs)
- Dry fit shirts and trousers 3 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Toilet paper
- Two 1 ltr water bottles
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries
- Water purification solution / tablets
- Body Moisturizer, Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Down booties
- Boots, Camp shoes / Sport sandals
- Warm Socks (lots of extra pairs)
- Water and wind proof jacket and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom 3 pairs
- Day wear shirt x2 or 3
- Underwear 5-7
- Sun cap, Sun screen lotion, Sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medications
- Rain cover for your bags
- One is not required to have any knowledge of climbing/mountaineering skills but one should have experience of trekking at altitudes upwards of 4000 – 4500m
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
No details found.
Overnight bus from Delhi to Manali (1900m)HP tourism runs overnight Volvo buses from Delhi to Manali. Board the bus from Himachal Bhavan around 7:00pm to arrive Manali early in the morning.
Arrive Manali. Sightseeing and acclimatization walksArrive in Manali by 10am. You’ll be met by our guide who’ll transfer you to the Hotel. Post lunch, you can occupy yourself with local sightseeing. Explore the Mall road of Manali in the evening. In the months of May & June it’s busy with Indian tourists. Overnight Hotel in Manali.
Drive Manali to Kaza - 120kms (9-10 hours)The drive takes us into the Trans-Himalayan terrain after crossing the Rohtang Pass (4000m). The pass is a busy place flocked by all the tourists from Manali. We descend to the Chandra river from the pass and drive upstream along it till we reach Chhatru. From here we drive further north into the mountains gaining a lot more height. We stop regularly along the way for chai (tea) and plenty of photo opportunities. We are taking it slowly as it aids in acclimatizing to the relatively rapid gain in altitude. Overnight Hotel.
Acclimatizing and Sightseeing in KazaSpend a rest day, walking around the small town of Kaza. We could also make an optional visit to Ki monastery and Kibber Village. Overnight Hotel.
Kaza to Dhankar (3800m) via TaboWe drive to Tabo(1.5 hrs) and visit the 1000 year old monastery complex. From there, we drive to Dhankar(45 mins), the former capital of the small kingdom of Spiti. The location of the castle and the old monastery is spectacular. We take a hike to a nearby lake, from where you have beautiful mountain views. Overnight Guest House/Homestay.
Trek to Lalung (3670m)We walk behind the Dhankar Castle, get onto the jeep track and walk for a while before we can catch the mountain trail which runs almost parallel to the jeep track. There are many options of descending to Lalung. We could trek all the way to the high point from where we get amazing views and where shepherds bring their flocks to graze. We then descend back to the Jeep track a little before Lalung and walk to the homestay next to the monastery. Trek Time: 2-3 Hrs Overnight Homestay.
Trek to Demul (4330m)We descend all the way to the Lingti River crossing many terracced farm fields, cross it by bridge and walk further to a small settlement with more farmfields. From there we turn right follow the stream for a distance and then start climbing steeply till the top where the Village of Demul comes into view. Demul lies in the middle surrounded by cultivated lands on top and below. A beautiful place surrounded by high Mountains. Trek Time: 5 hrs Overnight Homestay.
Trek to Komic (4450m)We trek above the village to Komic Pass (4700m) and continue on till the village of Hikkim comes into sight before Komic emerges from further away. Komic is famous for its ancient Tangyud Monastery which is built like a fortified castle and houses a stuffed snow leopard. Here you are sure to have a lot of village kids coming up to you to show off their priceless fossils.Trek Time: 4-5 hrs Overnight Homestay.
Trek to Langza (4500m)Langza village is an easy half day walk from Komic. Located in the Shilla Valley, the village is divided into two parts, Lower and Upper Village and is home to a 900 Year old Buddhist Temple. From the village you get spectacular views of the peak Chau Chau Kang Nilda, a perfect pyramid of a mountain. (4 - 5 hrs) Overnight Homestay.
Drive Langza to ChandratalWe drive down to Kaza and continue on to cross the Kunzum La and descend into Lahaul. We then turn right from Batal and drive towards the extremely picturesque Moon Lake surrounded by mountains and camp at the fixed camp next to the lake.Driving time: 5 hrs Overnight Fixed Camp.
Drive Chandratal to Manali & Board overnight bus to DelhiWe start early and trace back the way we drove to Batal and continue on till we meet the Manali-Leh Highway at Grampoo. We turn left from here and ascend to Rohtang La and descend another 51kms to Manali. (Driving time: 6-7 hrs). We'll have wash and change rooms where we can freshen up before boarding the overnight bus to Delhi. Overnight Bus Journey.
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Delhi – Leh – Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR 6000 if renting equipment from Leh)
- Porterage of personal baggage
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance Beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Includes 18% GST (Subject to change as per Govt rules)
No Details Found