One of the most popular treks in Ladakh – it is a perfect combination of beautiful trans-himalayan landscape with ladakhi villages. There are…
- Trip Itineraries
One of the most popular treks in Ladakh – it is a perfect combination of beautiful trans-himalayan landscape with ladakhi villages. There are good chances to spot some high altitude wildlife as well as experience the life of nomadic families as they herd their yaks in these big and beautiful valleys. After couple of days of acclimatisation to high altitude in Leh you will set out to explore the heartland of the central Ladakh Valley. It involves crossing of high passes – Stok La 4848 mts, Kongmaru La 5274 mts, Gandla 4878 mts and walking on the banks of the Markha River. Kang Yatse peak (6400m) can be approached from this route as the base camp is on the plains of Nimaling.
Things To Carry
- Day pack (25ltrs)
- Dry fit shirts and trousers 4 pairs
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Toilet paper
- Two 1 ltr water bottles
- Pee bottle
- Lip care
- Torch with extra batteries
- Water purification solution / tablets
- Body Moisturizer, Body Powder / Anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Down booties
- Boots, Camp shoes / Sport sandals
- Warm Socks (lots of extra pairs)
- Water and wind proof jacket and trousers
- Thermal top and bottom 3 pairs
- Day wear shirt x2 or 3
- Underwear 5-7
- Sun cap, Sun screen lotion, Sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Small light towel and napkin
- Personal medications
- Rain cover for your bags
- One is not required to have any knowledge of climbing/mountaineering skills but one should have experience of trekking at altitudes upwards of 4000 – 4500m
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek
- Avoid trekking during the nights
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
No details found.
Delhi to LehThe flight takes us over the Greater Himalayas and makes an exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world. Transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Acclimatization dayIt is the process in which your organism adjusts to a change in its environment. Overnight at hotel.
Drive Leh to Chilling and trek to Skiu (3400m)The trail goes through a flat and desolate plain along the river Indus and swings into the mountains along the pretty, willow-lined Zingchan gorge. Overnight Camp.
Trek Skiu to Markha (3700m)The trail to Markha is not too strenuous, rising about 300m across 22km, crossing the Markha river a couple of times. Markha is a substantial village, complete with a derelict fort on the hillside and a small village monastery. Overnight Camp.
Date : 11/06/2018
Trek Markha to Thachungtse (4150m)Kang Yatse (6400m), a magnificent snow-clad mountain commands the views for the next two days. A popular place to spot herds of blue sheep slide up and down the steep cliffs with incredible agility. Overnight Camp.
Trek Thachungtse to Nimaling (4720m)You pass several mani (stones with prayer inscriptions) walls and suddenly come across a small lake. The view is wonderful from here - both of Kang Yatse, whose bulk gets reflected in the still waters of the lake, and also of the Markha Valley which we are now well above. Overnight Camp.
Trek Nimaling to Chuskirmo over the Kongmaru La (5130m)As we climb the last short but steep slope to the top there are good views over the Zanskar range and of the vertical ice walls on the north face of Kang Yatse. We have reserved two days for the climb which would allow for contingencies due to bad weather. Fluttering with prayer flags the summit rewards with wide open views, the Karakoram Range & Ladakh range on the north, the Zanskar range on the west and a bird’s eye view of the Indus valley and the Leh city. The trail eases out to reach the river bed at Chuskirmo. Overnight Camp.
Trek to Shang Sumdo and drive to LehTrek along the river bed with ease trail we hit Shang Sumdo where our vehicles would be waiting for us. Later drive to Leh. Overnight at hotel.
Fly back to Delhi from LehEarly morning transfer to the airport to take the onward flight. Trip ends!
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Delhi – Leh – Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing and personal climbing equipment (budget on spending INR 6000 if renting equipment from Leh)
- Porterage of personal baggage
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance Beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Includes 18% GST (Subject to change as per Govt rules)
No Details Found